SolidWorks User Interface is pretty simple and straight forward. There is 6 main area of interface you normally work with.
1) Menu Bar – Top most of the application, executing New File, Open File, Save, Print, Undo, Select, Rebuild, File Properties and Options.
2) Command Manager – Access to part, assembly and drawing editting tools.
3) Feature Manager design tree – Outline overview how your part, assembly and drawing constructed.
4) Status bar – Provide an information about your part, assembly and drawing.
5) Head up view toolbar – View tools such as zoom, pan, zoom plane and section view.
6) Graphics area – Workspace for your part, assembly and drawing.